Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Spinning Wheels


I’ve been hijacked on the bicycle caper and all my attention has focused on getting the right bike, the right seat, making sure I have the right SIZE, studying bike fit…wonder think type etc.

Its been so much fun cruising around that the whole idea of biking became really appealing, and I ended up going back to the shop and switching out my first pokey choice…or rather giving myself a decision to make between 2 bikes. The bike I like best needs tweaking to keep it from “mashing” me. I just ordered a new saddle to try out…

The bicycle I originally got for roadwork is comfortable, but for cruising this neighborhood in my current shape. 21 speeds on a lighter bike is easier than 7 on a heavier bike… And even though it is anatomically well suited, it’s not as fun. I like it, but I REALLY like the other…

I have to remember that I’m a casual rider who wants to roll alongside my dog….maybe do a bike path or 2 …and not a extreme biker….It’s kind of fun to try that hat on…but I want to return to earth now and get back out on the streets! Turn my attention back to getting ready to do road work correctly and safely.

I THINK I'm going to take the Pure back this afternoon....

No comments:

Post a Comment