Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Road Work


I was walking by the window Sunday and glanced out to see a neighbor coasting down the street on her bike with her somewhat overweight..actually "thickened" better describes him...Chesapeake Bay Retriever trotting alongside. .....Ding! .....of COURSE!!...road work could be just the ticket.

I never feel like I can give Maudie enough of a workout. When we walk she paces alongside to keep pace with my fastest "natural" walk, and I just don't cover enough miles to make up for the ease of that exercise for her. I can get her to fly across the yard a few times, but it's a kind of steady clean aerobic stretch that she needs. I even considered having her pull something heavy along with us...

But being able to spend 30 minutes on a bike going just fast enough for her break out of that plod and into a trot would be great...

So...my latest research project has been bicycles, leash attachments...and of course, baskets in which a papillon or two can come along for the ride...

I think I found the bike I want and can afford; it's the color of french vanilla with a tan leather seat and hand grips, 7 speed, upright, forward pedal...I may go pay for it tomorrow after Flynnie and I get back from Vancouver where she has a chiropractic in the morning...

I had tons of fun test driving a few cruisers and that was one I really liked...

No comments:

Post a Comment